TELEMENTOR in KSMU
Karaganda State Medical University bought new equipment for teaching
“TELEMENTOR” is the unique equipment in the Republic of Kazakhstan. This is an interactive system of semi-automatic quality control for performing medical procedures with established clinical scenarios. The simulator is a universal software and hardware complex for self-mastering of medical skills and abilities, studying of medical tests, communicative and cognitive medical competences with the use of teacher-substituting and patient-replacement technologies, as well as technologies of automatization and objectification of control.
Advantages of equipment:
• Automated objective control;
• Self-training opportunities;
• Use of unified requirements for implementation of procedures;
• Ready-made platform for conducting OSCE;
• Automatic assessment of skill performance;
• Realistic imitation of patient's behavior when interviewing;
• Selection of virtual character for patient;
• Option of assigning research and obtaining data;
• Automatic speech recognition, etc.
Students successfully use the new equipment in the educational process.
Center of Practical Skills